Vancouver, BC’s SAINTS of DEATH (a name inspired by the Mexican folklore of Santa Muerte (Spanish for Holy Death)) have posted a new lyric video for their track ‘Angels & Demons’, which is one of five annihilating thrashing death tracks on their recently released debut self-titled EP.
To listen and watch ‘Angels & Demons’ lyric video
EP Stream and purchase link:
Track Listing: Saints of Death – Self-Titled EP
1. Army of Dead (4:22)
2. Doom 5.1 (4:43)
3. Blood Vendetta (3:12)
4. Revolution (4:30)
5. Angels & Demons (4:26)
EP Length: 21:15
SAINTS OF DEATH is a four piece that originally began as a Motorhead tribute band that has now taken the reins to write original material with a double bassist attack and set themselves apart from the pack with their unique heavy sound of thrash, doom and hardcore metal.
Taking their experiences from past bands (Snaggletooth, Scissortooth, Dead End Ascension, Skookum, My Own Chaos, Luciferian Conquest, Torrential Pain, Tides of Honor and Annora), these veterans of the Vancouver scene ready to debut their self-titled EP this September 25, 2015 to introduce metal fans to a new sound coming from the Canadian West coast.
Fronted by vocalist and eight string bassist Twan Holliday, a giant standing nearly 7’ foot tall who can also be recognized for his acting credits in some well-known Hollywood movies and pro wrestling (credits below) is joined by four string bassist Darren Morris, guitarist Phil Henri and Christopher James on drums to complete a ferocious line up.
Aiming to set the bar high with a live behemoth of ampage, backed by a custom light show, SAINTS of DEATH are pushing forward to take on the biggest stages and crowds and win over fans who enjoy headbanging to such bands as Black Sabbath, Lamb of God, Overkill, Motorhead, and Pantera.
Track by track of Saints of Death EP explained by the band:
1. Army of the Dead: This song is written from the perspective of a Viking in battle. Its underlying message is about the battle of life. “Everyone’s born, everyone dies”, we fight hard and strong, live, laugh, love and when it’s our time to die, we die!
2. Doom 5.1: This song is about organized religion and greed.
3. Blood Vendetta: This song is written about blood vendettas around the world. It’s about people being born into war, and fighting wars started by generations before them in order of gaining redemption for their lost family.
4. Revolution: This song is about unity and standing up for what is right! It’s a call to people everywhere to join together and fight for their rights and what’s right through Revolution.
5. Angels and Demons: This song is written about an old man on his deathbed. Not happy with his life he struggles though a battle between the right and wrong he has done and who will take possession of his soul; angels or demons.
Fun Fact: Besides being a musician vocalist / bassist Twan Holliday has acting credits for movies American Mary (2012), The Devils Ground (2009) w/ Darryl Hanna, Stan Helsing (2009) (Leslie Neielson’s last movie), Catwoman (2004) w/ Halle Barry, Psych (TV Show) plus has done stunts on Super Natural (TV Show) and Pathfinder (2007). Twan was also a pro hard-core wrestler of 10 years and was on TV every Saturday at 1pm on KVOS TV12 (Bellingham, WA) plus was asked to train for WWE.
If you really would like to support Antichrist, you can just Share our article.
You can also support Antichrist by sending a couple bucks to cover some webhosting expenses. =>> PayPal