I am Dantalian. I handle the vocals and guitars for Satani Infernalis.
2. When was your band created?
I started this project back in 2001. Back then it was called Satania Infernal. Over the years there have been numerous lineup changes until around 2005 when I changed the approach and re-named the band to Satani Infernalis. Currently, we have had the same lineup for the last 9 years and are still going strong.
3. What music genre do you play?
Our genre is primarily black metal. However, we do throw in elements of death, thrash, and hard rock to keep things from getting stale. No pop shit or anything like that, but there are some interesting elements there.
4. How would you describe your music in several words?
For the most part our music is aggressive and fast-paced. We do include some slower parts generating more atmosphere, but mainly its dark, and aggressive the way black metal should be.
5. What is the main theme of your lyrics?
Since we are a Satanic black metal band, the main themes are the inner journey that it takes to reach a duality between the shadows and light. To strive for a mentality close to that of the concept of Lucifer. There are other influences too. Horror films, philosophy, history, theology.
6. What would you like to achieve with the band activity?
We would like to achieve opening the minds of people. With our music, we are pushing to break that barrier that so many people are indoctrinated with from childhood. Religion really does poison everything. We want to achieve bringing at least some people to the point of questioning religion and seeking answer and truth for themselves.
7. How many gigs you have played so far and maybe you visit other countries with concerts?
So far, we have played around 80 shows. We are currently working on a new EP and are gearing up for a full live assault soon. We would absolutely want to play in Europe. That is the plans, but not anytime soon.
8. Is there anything very important about your band what must know fans and labels?
We do this because its what we feel. We make music and we’ll keep making it until the final end comes. Our attitude is that we don’t care about appealing to mass audiences that are only jumping on the current trend. We care about those that genuinely enjoy and support what we are doing. I would rather have a handful of loyal supporters than a million blind sheep.
9. What the formats you would like to see your releases, CD, Vinyl, Tape…? And how do you see the future of physical releases?
We have always released on CD format. In today’s industry we have to release for digital streaming and we also stick to a CD release as well. Ultimately, we want to release some stuff on vinyl in the near future. Lately, cassettes have come back in a small way, but we have no intention on releasing a cassette.
10. When you will get label deal, would you like to help to the label with promotion from your side, or you want label do all without your help?
We will always take an active part in the promotion. Its what we do. I believe you should never rely 100% on anyone else to promote your band.
11. What’s your reaction towards negative opinions about your music?
Fuck’em. If you don’t like what we do, then don’t listen. That’s the beauty of free will.
12. And the last question, how do you like our webzine, do you have some remarks towards its look or functionality?
I really like what you guys have going. I am working at a PR firm right now and found you guys when going through clips. You remind me of the good old days when metal mags talked about metal and introduced new and underground bands. Keep up the good work!
Support your favorite magazine by donation to cover some webhosting expenses - that will be more than appreciated!
- Video interview with Ancient Thrones - September 29, 2020
- Video interview with Kosmogonia - September 28, 2020
- Accuser reveals details for new self-titled album + release video! - September 23, 2020